Training on Busines Environment Reforms to Support Women's Economic Empowerment
The course develops awareness and provides tools to advance Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) through Business Environment Reform (BER) in African Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries. Participants learn to apply a gender-sensitive and gender-transformative lens when they work on their own reforms, taking into account gender differences and promoting reforms that tackle barriers women face in the business environment.
- Module 1: Understanding WEE, gender equality, and the need for BER to help promote them in ACP countries
- Module 2: BER to support women-owned businesses in ACP countries
- Module 3: BER to promote quality and more inclusive jobs for women in ACP countries
- Module 4: Gender Lens Investing – Improving the investment climate for women in ACP countries
- Module 5: Promoting WEE through public-private dialogue (PPD) in ACP countries
This course is open to:
- Members of specialised organisations supporting Women’s Economic Empowerment (such as Women’s Business Associations, Lobby groups, …);
- People working for a public or private organisation that is engaged in improving the business environment more generally (such as a Ministry of Finance, or a Chamber of commerce);
- Consultants working on topics such as WEE or BER.
The course will be delivered virtually.
The learning platform is available at this link.
The course is expected to take 5 hours (1 hour per every module) to complete.
Register for the training HERE.
This course widened my world on existing challenges impeding women’s economic empowerment globally. It has provided me with practical ways to strengthen gender sensitivity and mainstreaming in the provision of policy advice. Take the course as you will be more astute at developing gender sensitive policies and by extension more inclusive and sustainable development.
Women in agriculture have been asking, how do you address the issue of access to finance? Thanks to this course I am able to include gender lens investment in their portfolio. This course will equip consultants with the necessary BER tools to promote women’s economic empowerment.