Request for Technical Assistance of the ICR Facility
If you are undertaking a business environment and investment climate improvement initiative and would like to receive technical assistance from ICR, kindly check your eligibility and apply.
Please read the following instructions before completing your submission.
Checking eligibility criteria
- The ICR Facility is open to applications from sub-regional,national or regional government entities, development finance institutions as well as public-private dialogue mechanisms.
- Business associations, cooperatives, chambers of commerce, clusters and Organizations or networks of business support, formal networks of private sector stakeholders and other non-state networks engaged in improving the business environment are eligible as long as the support is connected to a dialogue process involving governmental entities.
- Single private for-profit companies or actors that cannot prove a formal representation role of a larger group of private sector stakeholders are not eligible.
- Requests must come from an entity based in a member state of the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS)
- Requests must be aimed at improving the business and investment climate in member states of the OACPS (regional multi-country initiatives as well as subnational initiatives are also welcome).
- Requests must be part of a wider medium/long term strategy, reform process, or PPD mechanism.
- Requests must respond to targeted and specific needs under an ongoing initiative in an ACP country or region.1
- The proposed intervention can be implemented under a maximum of 90 expert days.
1 ACP eligible states are the following: Angola - Antigua and Barbuda - Belize - Cape Verde - Comoros - Bahamas - Barbados - Benin - Botswana - Burkina Faso - Burundi - Cameroon - Central African Republic - Chad - Congo (Brazzaville) - Congo (Kinshasa) - Cook Islands - Côte d'Ivoire - Djibouti - Dominica - Dominican Republic - Eritrea - Ethiopia - Fiji - Gabon - Gambia - Ghana - Grenada - Republic of Guinea - Guinea-Bissau - Equatorial Guinea - Guyana - Haiti - Jamaica - Kenya - Kiribati - Lesotho - Liberia - Madagascar - Malawi - Mali - Marshall Islands - Mauritania - Mauritius - Micronesia - Mozambique - Namibia - Nauru - Niger - Nigeria - Niue - Palau - Papua New Guinea - Rwanda - St. Kitts and Nevis - St. Lucia - St. Vincent and the Grenadines - Solomon Islands - Samoa - Sao Tome and Principe - Senegal - Seychelles - Sierra Leone - Somalia - Sudan - Suriname - Swaziland - Tanzania - Timor Leste - Togo - Tonga - Trinidad and Tobago - Tuvalu - Uganda - Vanuatu - Zambia - Zimbabwe
NOTE: for private sector entities: you are not eligible to apply if (a) you are on the EU sanction list and the World Bank list of ineligible firms and individuals; or (b) if you are involved, focused and or associated with products and services that might antagonize development aims, such as weapons and manufacturing of tobacco or illicit drugs.
- You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your submitted request.
- Your application will be reviewed against the required eligibility. You may be contacted by a member of the ICR Facility team for an initial discussion (which should not be interpreted as an approval or acceptance of the request).
- The proposal will be assessed for approval and you will be notified about the outcome of the assessment.
- If the proposal is approved, an action plan to implement the technical assistance will be jointly defined between the requester and the facility.